Saturday, December 19, 2009

Cowboys or Cowgirls??

I can't seem to figure this team out. For the past 10 years or so, Dallas has laid egg after egg in December. This horrible streak they are on then continues into the playoffs where they haven't won a game in 13 years I think. So far they have lost 2 winable games in December and are in danger of missing the playoffs yet again because of a December swoon.

Then today happens, and they beat the best team in the NFC. An undefeated Saints team (who thought you would ever say that in December?) who have just destroyed opponent after opponent. I think everyone had written them off a few weeks ago in this game, but they showed they have a little heart. I didn't see the game, so I don't know how things played out. But winning in the Superdome over a team that 8 out of 10 times will probably beat you by double digits is something to get excited about. Or is it? Are they doing to let us down the last 2 weeks of the season vs. Philly and Washington? It is hard to say. From the looks of the box score the defense played great today. I still think this defense is good enough to get to the Super Bowl if the offense will allow them. Granted I am basing all of my thoughts off the box score, but it looked like we got back to playing football. Barber and Jones combined had over 100 yards rushing and it seems we have gotten away from the running game of late. Sure Romo threw for over 300 yards, but you still have to run to win. Maybe someone who saw game can chime in and tell me if I am off base.

I really hope this starts a winning streak and we get hot going into the playoffs. Then again I hope it doesn't save Phillips' job. We need new blood at head coach. I think the only way Wade is going to be back next year is if they get really hot and win a Super Bowl.

In other news, we got some snow in Daegu today. It wasn't much and it melted when it hit the ground, but it was snow. I don't think it snows much in the 'gu as I have heard it called. It has been very cold of late however. The past week we have seen highs in the 20's with no real change in site. I am excited about tonight. We are all going to celebrate one of the teacher's birthdays at an Indian restaurant. I had curry for the first time this week. It was really good but from what I hear it is nothing like I can get tonight.

Till next time. Stay warm.
E

P.S. I am trying something new out with this post. I am simply emailing a post. I hope it is as easy as it sounds.

No comments: