Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas is Coming Soon

Christmas is less than 3 days away, and it really doesn't seem like it. There are very little decorations here in Korea aside from the random Santa in a small shop or a few decorations at large department stores. I can picture all the lights and decorations around town back home. I saw pictues of BLORA on Facebook recently too. That brings back a lot of good memories. For those who don't know, BLORA is a drive through Christmas light display back home in Texas. It makes for a good night driving slowly through the park, looking at lights with family and friends, while listening to Christmas music on the radio.

On the flip side, it is cold here and I am not used to haveing a cold Christmas. We got a little snow on Sunday, but it melted when it hit the ground. There is nothing like a white Christmas, but you have to play the hand you are dealt. In my case that is enjoying a cold snowless Christmas. I feel for those dealing with the blizzard that hit the northeast in the US. Below are a few pictures I got from my aunt and uncles back yard just outside of DC. I miss the snow, but they got more than you can deal with at one time.

Even though I won't be able to be with my family on Christmas, I am looking forward to it. I am looking forward to the dinner that the foreign teachers are going to. The menu is a western style meal and it sounds fantastic. Add in the good company I will have as well, and it should make for a good day. I guess I'll have to get my Christmas light fix through all the photos I see on Facebook.

Till next time

E



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

agh, we don't have that kinda snow here, just tons and tons of wind. should be interesting to spend christmas in a new place, i think.