Thursday, November 19, 2009

Officially an Alien Now

I have been here for just over 2 weeks now. I am starting to adjust to things, and so far I am really enjoying it here. Next week I start to teach classes, and I am excited about that. I am still observing at work for the next two days, but I did have the chance to do a demo on Weds night. The demo didn't go as good as I had hoped, but I was rather nervous and I rushed things. I am very confident that I can do it, and that I will enjoy it. I got a lot of good feedback from the other teachers who I did the demo for which was good. I don't get nervous in front of the kids but I was in front of the other teachers. I was so nervous I even forgot Phil's name when I went to call on him in the demo. I have some good people helping and teaching me how things work, so I am confident I will get substantially better quickly.

In other news, I am officially an alien now. I got my Alien Registration Card yesterday. Now I can work on getting things set up like a bank account, cell phone, and internet in my apartment. It's just one more step of getting settled here.

The weather has been very cold of late. The daytime highs range from around 40 to the high 40's. This weekend should be nice with a high close to 50. Leaving work at 10pm it's very cold out. I am enjoying though. I miss having seasons and I like the cold as long as its dry. When it is cold and wet it gets miserable. Hopefully it will nice a sunny this weekend. I think it will be a nice time for a hike somewhere. Daegu seems to be a good place for hiking with the hills around.

I am still getting the chance to eat some really good food. The other day we went for lunch at a place that just opened up. I had a seafood stirfry and it was great. The only thing about it was the random baby octopus in it along with the assorted octopus tentacle. I did not try the baby octopus, although I plan to try it one day. I started with the tentacles and found it was similar to a chewy shrimp. Perhaps next time I'll take the plunge and try the baby octopus.

That's all for now. I am going to try and take a hike this weekend, and perhaps make a trip downtown. I'll be sure to take my camera along and show off my new home for the next year.

Till then,
E

No comments: