Wednesday, October 14, 2009

FedEx to S. Korea

So I went down to FedEx yesterday to mail off my documents. The interesting thing was it was cheaper, by $20 or so, to send it Priority than it was to ship it standard. It will get there 3 days earlier too. They said several countries were like that, cheaper to send quicker. That is something new to me.

I am trying to get everything squared away before I head off to SE Asia. This is all happening really quick. I never dreamed I would have found a job so quick, and one that starts so soon. I am glad to be getting away though. Every day it seems like I figure another thing or two that has to be done before I go. It is not to the point of being overwhelming yet, but it is starting to add up.

Hopefully by middle of next week, they get my paperwork Friday, I should have my visa issuance number. Then it is off to the consulate to get my visa. There is only a short time before I am wanted in SK, contract starts Nov 1st, so I hope everything falls in place quickly so I can get everything done on time.

Till next time,
E

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I finally had time to read through your blog, and thank you for adding me to your blogroll! When I launch the new site, I'll be sure to include yours as well.

Ok, so before I landed this job as a tech writer, I had everything arranged to teach in South Korea, in Busan. I chose the writing job, of course, but I still wonder if I should have taken the other road...I was super excited about it. So now I'm going to live vicariously through your experiences, and I'm still considering this route in a few years... so please keep blogging! I want to know how everything works over there.

Eric said...

Your site always keeps me laughing. Its good stuff. That's funny how you were going to SK. I think I am a bit older than most that go for the first time but I am very excited about it. Hopefully I will have more interesting posts for everyone to read once I get there.