Friday, August 7, 2009

Roadtrip to Nashville and Indianapolis

Tomorrow I am headed for Nashville on a little roadtrip. I am going to visit my brother and his family while taking in a few concerts along the way. It has been awhile since I have been up to Nashville so I am looking forward to it.

Monday night is Def Leppard, Poison, and Cheap Trick in Nashville. During the day I am looking forward to taking in some Civil War sites in Franklin and Spring Hill. A small battle occurred at Spring Hill but a bigger battle in the War of Northern Agression (as it is known in many parts of the south) happened in Franklin. I am really looking forward to seeing the sites. The Civil War time is one of my favorites.

Tuesday my brother and I are headed up to Indianapolis to see Jimmy Buffett. This will be my 2nd Jimmy concert of the year and I am really looking forward to it. He always puts on a great show. I have never been to Indianapolis so I am looking forward to seeing it. Plus the drive through Kentucky should be very nice. Roadtrips are always fun, especially when you are headed somewhere you have never been. Maybe on the way back, depending on how we feel after 2 straight nights of concerts, we might stop over in Louisville to see the Louisville Slugger museum. That will all be time dependent however.

So it should be a fun trip and I hope to bring back some good pictures. I am working on learning my camera better in order to take black and white photos. It seems I can only do it in manual mode so I am trying to figure out the right settings in order to make better pictures.

Tomorrow I turn 33. Perhaps it is a bit of mid-life crisis but I am feeling the need to travel more nad more now. I have been married once already and before I ever do anything like that again, I want to get out and see the world. There are too many dreams I have and I want to try and fulfill them, at least some of them, before I pass on.

I'll be back next week after my trip to bring you a trip report and some good pictures.
Till then,
E

No comments: