Saturday, August 1, 2009

A New World Map and Niche Ideas


I recently received my wall map of the world. It is nice to have by the computer as I am looking at different destinations. This way I can easily see where the area is that I am looking at. I feel it will come in handy as I continue to plan my trip. I really like how it is laminated so I can use a dry erase marker on it to help plan my destinations.

I have had a list of things I want to see sportswise for a long time. However, Kirsty, also known as Nerdy Nomad, has given me an idea for my travels. I am working on a list of things I want to see/do while I travel. So far I am up to 33 but plan on doing 100. Kirsty has a great blog that I have followed for some time. She has traveled for over a year and a half and works online while traveling. She has some good stories and some great tips on working while traveling so check it out.

Kirsty also had a recent post on becoming number 1 in a niche online for your website. This was something I never thought of, but it makes a lot of sense. I would eventually like to turn out a website that helps fund my travels abroad, so I am doing more and more research on it. Eventually I plan to release my idea for my personal niche that I will one day own online. Since I am a huge history and baseball fan, I am leaning toward something that incorporates one of these passions in my website. Or perhaps I will expand a little and turn my baseball passion into a general sports site, as I do love just about any sort of sport. It's just one of many ideas I am tossing around.

That is all for now. The sun has broken out between the dark rain clouds and I want to take in some sun before the rain returns.

Till next time,
E

No comments: