Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Crazy Last Few Weeks

What an absolute crazy last few weeks this has been. In that time I have had an interview with a recruiter for jobs in S. Korea, had my life threatened by a maniac (long story), went to a family reunion where I hardly knew anyone, spent a day in the hospital with a family member, and accomplished little to nothing or so it feels. I think I need a day to decompress from everything that has been going on.

So the interview went well and I am still excited about the possibility of working in S. Korea. I have sent off for my criminal record and transcripts. With everything that has gone on of late I haven't had the chance to get down to get my passport but that is next on my list. I hope to do this tomorrow after heading to CVS or somewhere to get my passport photos.

Once that is completed, it becomes a waiting game. I have to wait to get my criminal record check back from the state. Then I get to mail it off to another gov't agency to get Apostilled along with a copy of my degree. Then I should have everything to get going and start really looking for work.

In the meantime it is on with the regular daily duties. I am still reading a lot about Korea and still liking what I read. I understand it may take a few months to find a job but I am okay with that. If I could get one by the beginning of 2010, I will be happy. Anything earlier is just gravy. Besides, it will take a month or more to get my passport anyway, and I can't do anything without it.

E

No comments: